PIONEERS IN STAINLESS STEEL
Fabdec designs, manufactures and supplies throughout the world: energy-efficient milk cooling systems, high-quality stainless steel unvented water heaters for both domestic and commercial use as well as brewery vessels and heat recovery systems. The company also provides a full range of spares across the globe for all its products.
Our mission is to sustain a positive impact on lives, from our employees to our customers, suppliers and all other partners. We achieve this through investing in people and products and by combining our company’s core competencies and resources with leading strategic partners. The company is committed to continuous growth, maintaining a truly customer-focused team culture and being aware of our responsibility to the environment.
The group’s headquarters are at its manufacturing site in Ellesmere Shropshire. There are additional sales offices & distribution centres in Germany and Russia.
Cookes Fabdec Ltd, also based in Ellesmere, installs and services our milk cooling systems.
To maintain market leadership, Fabdec continuously invests to create new products and services. With a design team dedicated to a program of continual research and development, Fabdec is setting industry standards by producing innovative and advanced solutions.
We take pride in excellent workmanship as our objective is to exceed customer expectations in the manufacture of stainless steel products. Continual investment in our highly skilled workforce, as well as state-of-the-art machinery, is paramount to achieving this goal.
Fabdec is accredited with the EN.ISO. 9001: Quality Certificate ensuring our commitment to quality assurance throughout the company.
Our customer service philosophy is to create a partnership with our customers and to understand their business. We believe in continuous improvement to exceed all their expectations.
Fabdec - since 1960
- Nov. 1960 Company first registered as a joint venture between Dairy Equipment Co USA and Fullwood and Bland Ellesmere to manufacture refrigerated bulk milk tanks for the UK dairy market.
- 1985 Fabdec purchased Elektrogeno GmbH (now Fabdec GmBH) to distribute Fabdec products into Europe.
- 1987 Manufactured fuel cylinders for Per Lindstrand & Richard Branson Atlantic crossing in a hot air balloon.
- 1989 Berlin wall comes down and opened up old East German markets to Fabdec/Elektrogeno and Fabdec builds a 14,000 sq ft manufacturing extension.
- 1991 Manufactured fuel cylinders for Per Lindstrand & Richard Branson Pacific crossing in a hot air balloon.
- 1992 Fabdec receives Queens Award for Export.
- 1995 Fabdec builds a further 20,000 sq ft manufacturing extension with significant investment in capital equipment to cope with milk alternate day collection demands.
- 2000 Fabdec acquires Kinston Somerset Ltd, sales and distribution of milking machine spares & consumables.
- Dec 2000 C S Powell appointed Managing Director of Fabdec Ltd.
- 2002 Order received for 14 special fuel tanks for Steve Fosset’s successful attempt at a new world record by circumnavigating the globe in a hot air balloon.
- Mar 2002 Completion of Fabdec M.B.O.
- Ghassan Haddad & Graham Egar join Chris Powell on Fabdec Board.
- 2005 Fabdec introduces the Excelsior range of unvented water heaters.
- 2006 Fabdec opens its new European Distribution Centre in Ellesmere.
- 2009 Decision to expand manufacturing presence in the brewery sector.
- 2010 Fabdec OOO opens in St Petersburg Russia.
- 2011 Major investment in water heating manufacturing including twin robot welding machine.
- 2013 a New 30,000L silo tank was introduced.
- 2015 Major investment in manufacturing equipment for large tanks including 6-metre CNC rolls & 6-metre automatic grinding & polishing machine.
- 2015 Launch of Excelsior ‘I’ unvented water heater with patented 3S technology.
- 2016 Fabdec acquire Cookes Electrical Ltd.
- 2017 Manufacture of the longest tank to date for export at 9 metres long.
- 2018 Introduction of Hi-Flo 3S technology water heaters.
- 2018 Shropshire Business Awards Best Manufacturer winner.
- 2019 Shropshire Business Awards Export winner.
- 2019 Fabdec announced expansion into the brewery sector offering a full range of high-quality stainless steel brewery vessels.
- 2019 Major investment in manufacturing including new laser welder for heat exchanger plates, 4metre 200 tonne CNC brake press & H Frame press.
- 2019 Fabdec install solar P.V. to generate own electricity at manufacturing plant & head office.
- 2020 Fabdec Diamond Anniversary.
- 2021 SAP Business One new companywide IT system was installed.
- 2022 New warehouse & office facility in Germany to serve our export customers.
- 2023 Finalists “Excellence in Manufacturing & Engineering” Shropshire Business Awards.
STAINLESS STEEL FUEL CYLINDERS
Hot Air Balloons
Fabdec supplied the fuel cylinders for Richard Branson and Per Lindstrand when they became the first to cross the Atlantic and then the Pacific Ocean in a hot air balloon.
In 2002 the company supplied the fuel cylinders for Steve Fossett’s successful record breaking attempt when he became the first person to make a non-stop solo balloon flight around the globe.
International headquarters and manufacturing plant in Ellesmere, Shropshire.
European Distribution Centre
Warehousing and Distribution Centre in Ellesmere, Shropshire.
Fabdec also has sales offices & warehouses in St Petersburg.